“The Chapel on the Plains – a Place of Prayer since 1915” is a sacred space for the Medicine Bow community, focusing on contemplative prayer, music and support services.
3rd Sunday of the month 10:00 AM
Founded in 1915 by families in Medicine Bow area as St. Luke’s Episcopal Church. After 104 years of ministry, the church was “mothballed” in the fall of 2019. However, on June 25, 2022, this historic sacred space was re-opened as a creative spiritual community known as “The Chapel on the Plains.” The Chapel on the Plains has a distinct “all are welcome” flavor that is ecumenical in spirit and ethos. As a new spiritual community rising up from the dreams and desires of the community of Medicine Bow, the Chapel on the Plains is a sacred place of contemplation, prayer and wellness. In addition to regularly scheduled non-Sunday morning services, it is open for prayer seven days a week for those who just wish to sit in a sacred space and pray.